October 31 - Storybook Character Dress-up/Costume Day
1. Reinforce value, fun and rewards of reading and reading well.
2. In effort to provide a positive experience for all Mustangs, please avoid costumes that include violence, gore, death-like, weapons or bloody depictions. Reinforce good, positive, reading fun with your child.
3. Examples: Mummies, pirates, soldiers, vampires and zombies, and the like are acceptable. There are many great children's book titles which include these. However, these should exclude gore, fanged teeth, blood look-a-likes and weapons. Be prepared, call the school in advance if you're uncertain. Please contact Mrs. Ford or Mr. Perry if you have questions or concerns.
4. Goal: Provide a positive day of learning for even the youngest readers.
5. No full face paint. No masks. No full head covering.
6. Stencils or drawings (whiskers, cat nose, eye patch, etc) on face are acceptable.
7. Full colored (other than natural and more than 25%) hair is acceptable for Oct 31 only.
8. Costumes should be easy to carry on with a full day of learning.
9. Families are always encouraged to include reading and lifelong learning into their family lifestyle.
10. Thank you for your ongoing support in making Homestead a great place for children to learn and grow.
11. Readers are leaders! Read to Succeed!